Wednesday, May 22, 2013

German chocolate cupcakes

A dear friend of mine wanted me to make some cupcakes.  While I was happy to do it, I wasn't sure where to begin.  I am by NO means a baker!  If I could make it to graduate school, I'm pretty sure I could manage some cupcakes though, right?

He said he preferred German Chocolate, so I immediately headed to Pinterest for some motivation.  One of my favorite ideas is found HERE.

 
I decided to keep the cake-mix basic, and focus on making the toppings special.  My favorite part was making the chocolate garnish.  We melted chocolate chips on a glass plate over a pot filled with boiling water, put the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and wrapped with a towel.  I cut a whole at the corner and squeezed the melted chocolate on to wax paper in designs.  In to the refrigerator to harden then on top of the cupcakes they go!

I opted for the almond coconut topping and chocolate garnish.  It took so much time with all of the trial and error but we did get there... and he loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment